publications since 2016
- Yoon, K. (2020). Digital Mediascapes of Transnational Korean Youth Culture. Routledge.
- Yoon, K., Min, W., & Jin, D. Y. (2020). Consuming the Contra-Flow of K-pop in Spain. Journal of Intercultural Studies, 41(2), 132-147. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2020). Diasporic Korean Audiences of Hallyu in Vancouver, Canada. Korea Journal. 60 (1) (forthcoming in April, 2020).
- Yoon, K. (2019). Transnational Fandom in the Making: K-pop Fans in Vancouver. International Communication Gazette. 81 (2), 176-192 (download)
- Yoon, K. (2019). Diasporic Youth Culture of K-pop. Journal of Youth Studies. 22 (1), 138-152 (download)
- Yoon, K. (2018). Multicultural Digital Media Practices of the 1.5 Generation Korean Immigrants in Canada. Asian and Pacific Migration Journal. 27(2): 148–165. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2018). Digital Media and Culture in Korea. In Jin, D. and Kwak, N. J. (Eds.). Communication, Digital Media, and Popular Culture in Korea: Contemporary Research and Future Prospects, Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2018). Global Imagination of K-Pop: Pop Music Fans' Lived Experiences of Cultural Hybridity. Popular Music and Society. 41(3). (download)
- Yoon, K. (2017). Postcolonial Production and Consumption of Global K-pop. In Jin, D. and Yoon, T-J. (eds.). The Korean Wave: Evolution, Fandom, and Transnationality, Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2017). Cultural Translation of K-Pop among Asian Canadian Fans, International Journal of Communication, 11: 2350–2366. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2017). Korean Migrants’ Use of the Internet in Canada. Journal of International Migration and Integration. 18(2): 547–562. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2016). The Migrant Lives of the Digital Generation. Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies. 30 (4): 369–380. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2016). The Local Sociality and Emotion of Jeong in Koreans’ Media Practices. In Lim, S. S. and Soriano, C. (Eds.). Asian Perspectives on Digital Culture: Emerging Phenomena, Enduring Concepts. London: Routledge. (download)
- Yoon, K. (2016). The Cultural Appropriation of Smartphones in Transnational Korean Families. In Lim, S. S. (Ed.). Mobile Communication and the Family - Asian Experiences in Technology Domestication. New York: Springer.
- Yoon, K. (2016). The Media Practice of ‘KaTalk’ in the Face of Facebook: Young Koreans’ Use of Mobile App Platforms in a Transnational Context. Critical Arts: South-North Media and Cultural Studies 30 (2): 217–232. Link
- Jin, D. Y. and Yoon, K. (2016) Reimagining Smartphones in a Local Mediascape: A Cultural Analysis of Young KaKao Talk Users in Korea. Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies 22 (5): 510–523. Link
- Jin, D. Y. and Yoon, K. (2016). The Social Mediascape of Korean Pop Culture: Hallyu 2.0 as Spreadable Media Practice. New Media & Society. 18 (7): 1277–1292. Link
- Yoon, K. and Jin. D. Y. (2016). The Korean Wave Phenomenon in Asian Diasporas in Canada. Journal of Intercultural Studies. 37 (1): 69–83. Link
- Yoon, K. and Jin, D. Y. (2016). The Gamification of Mobile Communication amongst Young Korean Smartphone Users. Asiascape: Digital Asia. 3 (1-2): 60–78. (download)